From the beginning, protecting our environment has been the uppermost maxim for our daily business in all company sectors. Our sealing compounds have always been CFC-free – and decades ago epple marketed the first solvent-free duroplastic sealant.
We are committed to observing all relevant laws for chemicals production, as well as regulations and other requirements concerning health, safety and environmental protection. The appropriate statements of conformity of the relevant laws and regulations can be obtained from our HSE department at hse@epple-chemie-de.
For us, delivering maximum quality implies respecting demanding environmental standards. The requisite activities and provisions are incorporated into all operational procedures. The entire company aims at delivering products of the highest quality and, through ongoing examination, optimizing all technical and operational processes.
We guarantee this by:
- Covering the entire energy demand in the company with 100 % green electricity
- By participating in the dual system for recycling of sales packages we help to reduce environmentally harmful substances such as CO2.
- Sparing use of resources as well as low-emission and low-waste production techniques
- Careful choice of raw materials, including their environmental properties
- Special ventilation technology and filtering to protect personnel and environment
- All production is ATEX-protected and an entire building complex stands in a collecting basin
- Ongoing investment in technical optimizations ensure secure and environmentally-friendly production processes
- Resource-efficient production and environmentally-sound waste disposal and regulation of environmentally friendly waste management.
Thus, it is permanently checked which improvements can be implemented for more sustainability. For example, in the autumn of 2019, the type of stretch film in the Logistic division was converted to a nanofoil for the infeed of pallets. This will save more than 50% in film consumption in the future. And by participating in the Dual System, we were able to save as much CO2 in 2023 as 4104 m2 of forest filters air in one year. Our Certificate of Envoronment.
Furthermore, the company is constantly trying to reduce its energy costs. To this end, all operational processes were subjected to an energy check by an independent company in June 2019. This program, which is sponsored by the European Union and the Office for Environmental Technology in Baden Württemberg, aims to develop a catalogue of measures that will now be implemented successively. For the implementation of the first measure, epple was the first company in the district of Böblingen to receive a certificate from the IHK Stuttgart. The K-EFF Check certificate can be found in the downloads under Certificates. But we are sorry, it's only in German available!
Our pledge to the future!